Monday, June 20, 2011

Cow Study and Outdoor Lighting




















I found this magnificent spot in Amenia, a country road in a quiet setting filled with light, color, and rural life that one wants to write about, photograph and alas to paint!
This "Cow Study" painting is the beginning of a new series I will revisit. My vision is to paint large, abstract type paintings that will interpret nature's realistic view of the land and animal life. My drawing ability pulls me into seeing form and overlap of line and shape while painting allows me to focus on flat shapes, tonal and color interpretation and the fluidity and tactile ability to use paint!
Combining the two becomes magic when the scope of vision and use of technique blend simultaneously.
Behold the poetry of nature and ability of craft. I can only hope that my constant urge to make and share my ideas about art allows me to focus and move forward. Painting and sometimes the idea about painting removes me from life in many different ways. Sometimes good and sometimes bad. Obviously it is something I choose not to live without, though at times I have to rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment