Wednesday, March 23, 2011

New Ideas , Old Sketches and Photography















Took some time away from the studio and recently went through old draws of numerous dated works. Wanted to document how my work has progressed and changed. Photography is a compelling medium! I worked with a video artist in Mamaroneck, NY for a while. Will never forget the shoot of a sail boat factory we did. The perspective of walking into the shop and looking up at tall ramps and tables constructed for these amazing vessels was mind blowing.
This shot of my figure drawing image with the photo impression of the landscape moves me to other mediums I forgot I loved. I remember my textile days, weaving yarns, dyeing yarns and sewing yarn with drawings!! Boy, where did my creativity go. To be young and have such a free spirit. Miss my dance classes too.

No comments:

Post a Comment