Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Animal lovers and Painting Animals





















This is my first painting of a dog ever. Tucker was a special border collie my daughter and her boyfriend Zach brought home last year. His sudden death motivated me to paint a lasting memory of his life! He was bold, clever, obsessive and very playful. My husband had an immediate affection for him and soon after everyone loved Tucker. This painting was a catharsis for me, a release of sad emotion and a sense of loss. I felt empowered painting this beautiful pose of this very unique breed of dog. He still had puppy fur and barely broken in pink paws. His spirit will forever live on in all of us. Hopefully Tucker and this painting has inspired me to paint more animals. Animal lovers are special people, they don't ask much from their pets but unconditional love is always given between these two species. Carry on Tucker, I will continue to think about painting more and different kinds of animals. A big warm thank you goes out to my dear friends Elizabeth and Eileen. Butch and I will always remember how much you both did for us on that difficult day!

No comments:

Post a Comment