Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Front Street Gallery LLC, Patterson,NY


February 2011 will be the beginning of two creative worlds blending together. My personal journey as an artist, mother and art educator and now a gallery proprietor. At the end of this month we will be completing our first year at Front Street Gallery llc, Patterson, NY. My name is Mary Smoot-Souter and I am one of the 3 partners involved with the gallery. A close painting friend of mine, Linda Puiatti (who is no longer with the gallery) and myself started the idea. We raised our children in the near by town of Pawling and have always shared dreams of art awareness , cultural centers and viewing spaces for fine artist's. We invited Gene Cadore a well established pastel/oil painter and Jeremy Wolff, a creative photographer and writer to join our newest adventure.
Since then, Front Street Gallery has successfully exhibited at least 10 exhibitions, initiated studio drawing and painting classes and most recently hosted a successful Artist Marketing Salon!

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Mary on your blog! You're inspiring me. Bravo to you for recognizing your original collaborator Linda Puiatti. Good to start your venture/blog with such integrity. :) Can't wait to come down and check it out. Please let me know when your next show is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary, this is great news! Congratulations! Can I be put on a mailing list? xo nancy bonta voitko

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Cecilia and Nancy, two very beautiful and creative women I have met studying art in my life. "Art as I see it" is helping me review my work and keep me on task. Keep me posted on the wonderful things you're both involved in. best/love mary

    ReplyDelete