Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Landscape Painting Issues

How I see it, landscape painting is the most difficult of genre painting. The outdoor studio is very challenging, constant light and temperature changes! This particular painting is a free interpretation of a non-tradition landscape . The feeling of land and air allowed me to construct and mold the space with paint. I began to apply paint like a sculptor would chisel out form. The brevity and staccato use of paint strokes in this painting creates a unique sense of life and movement. Successful landscape painting gives the viewer a sense of place, time and mood. Be it traditional or interpretive, landscape painting is a very honorable but difficult profession.

3 comments:

  1. This is how I see the land and feel the air!! Landscape painting is something I struggle with. At times I feel overwhelmed and just want to do broad abstract strokes of paint and movement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful, Mary. I really love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your work is so special! You are one of a kind artist!!
    Keep using your God given gift...it is a blessing to all of us who see it!!

    ReplyDelete