Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The Placement of the Face on a Page

As I see it, balance and harmony have everything to do with the placement of the face on a page.
How I compose and draw the anatomical elements help portray the feeling of the portrait but the
warm light caresses her mood, the diagonal juxtaposition of her glance looking downward bathes
her delicate skin and enhances her angelic portrayal. I have suggested the placement of the face on
a page and she begins to sing quietly amongst the light of color and dark shades of neutral.
I can only begin to understand the placement of the face on a page.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. I had an interesting conversation with one of my collector's the other day at Front Street Gallery. She was interested and has purchased since the "Turquoise Bowl" painting. The charming part of this little painting,for me, is how the open part of the bowl invites the viewer in through the beautiful turquoise color. The woman who bought the painting spoke of how the subtle balance and composition drew her attention to the painting! This brings me to the "Placement of the Face on the Page" post. It's not always about how analytically correct your skills are but how you relate to space,shape and balance. Color is very subjective and personal.
    The artist creates and strives for balance on multiple levels. Collector's purchase on a variety of different levels too; personally and professionally.

    To be a very good portrait painter is a difficult task. One must be accurate in analytical skills and strike an emotional "likeness"! I strive to become a good,interpretive portrait painter!

    ReplyDelete